Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Boot v.s. Bourbon Street


While I was thinking of topics to write about, one analogy came into my mind. To college students, The Boot is what Bourbon Street is to tourists. The first weekend of school, so many freshmen rush over to The Boot hoping to get drunk and have a great time. It is a place where college students go because they have heard of it and they will actually let 18 year olds into a bar. Well, if you think about it, what are tourists first stop when they get into New Orleans? Bourbon Street. They go down to the Quarter and want to go to Bourbon because of everything they have heard about it. Bourbon is a crazy street where people tend to get a little rowdy to say the least. The Boot serves the same purpose for college students. It the place that makes you feel like an “adult” because you can actually get into a bar. I have been to The Boot and Bourbon Street. I have been to The Boot once and I will never go back. It was disgusting. I honestly do not get what the big deal about The Boot is. I have been to Bourbon Street and it is a really fun place. It is not a place I go often because it tends to get too rowdy for me, but it definitely is a fun place. I think most locals do not like it because of how big of a tourist attraction it really is. It is a place where people don’t think about what they are doing. It is a place to be free and just have fun. Well, when they don’t have a care in sight and aren’t worrying about anything, they tend to make the streets disgusting. I have noticed from talking to people, their feelings for each place are about the same. You will have people that absolutely love The Boot and go every weekend or there are people (like me) who hate it and will never go back. The same goes with Bourbon, people either love or hate it. Both places are very different and they help make New Orleans the city it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment