Sunday, December 15, 2013

Po' Boy Fest!

Just three weeks ago on Oak st. west of S. Carrolton, New Orleans conducted their seventh annual Po' Boy fest. With Po' Boy stands everywhere and music playing, this festival was truly enjoyable. They even had a good ole' N'awlins brass band playing at the western most end of Oak st. I indulged in both an alligator sausage Po' Boy and a fried catfish Po' Boy, both of which were absolutely delicious (although they didn't quite hold a candle to Guy's on Magazine). Walking up and down Oak st. surrounded by good food and music made me so grateful to be in a city that understands how to live. It reassured my thought that New Orleanians appreciate the better things in life: food, music and celebration. I'll be sure to show my face at Po' Boy fest next year, and the year after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment