Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Preview of the Seventh Ward

While doing my work on my project I learned information on the seventh ward that I was completely unaware of. I went to school in the seventh ward on a famous street called A.P. Tureaud. Come to find out, A.P. Tureaud was a very successful lawyer in Louisiana. In fact, he was the first african american to be admitted to the Louisiana Bar Association. He was also president of the NAACP branch of New Orleans. I did more research and found out that Loyola University College of Law program for the national black law student association is designed to the teachings and ideas of A.P. Tureaud. The program caters to african american law students to understand the history of New Orleans law in the eyes of a prominent african american lawyer like A.P. Tureaud.

No comments:

Post a Comment