Thursday, December 12, 2013

Comedy Show

While most people went home for fall break, I stayed on campus. I spent most of that weekend with my twin brother since he goes to Tulane and his friends all went home too. This was one of the first times I really hung out with my brother since we moved down here in August. I forced my brother to take the streetcar down to Poydras Street one night (he hates the streetcar because he thinks it takes too long, but I love it). We went and ate at Mother’s on Poydras and I got crawfish etouffee and he got gumbo. The servers there were so friendly but it was really crowded since it is a really popular restaurant. After we ate we went to see one of our favorite comedians, Bo Burnham, at the Civic Theatre. When my brother and I lived in Connecticut, we always went to concerts and shows but our type of music is not really popular here. This was the first show we went to down here and it was so fun. The theatre was pretty small, with three floors and a bar on each floor. Bo Burnham always has a local act perform so he had a girl named Ariel open for him. She was so funny, and it made me happy to see a fairly big comedian helping out local acts. My brother and I had a great time and then we walked all the way to Cafe du Monde at one o’clock in the morning to get some beignets.


No comments:

Post a Comment