Friday, December 13, 2013

Halloween

I have been looking forward to Halloween in New Orleans for years, and when the time actually came for me to celebrate here, I didn’t do anything special.  I have always looked forward to Voodoo Fest at the festival grounds because my sister used to always brag about going.  Every year some of my favorite bands go and I was so excited, but as a broke college student who waited until the last minute to find a ticket, I could not afford to go.  I wanted to go to the haunted houses, including House of Shock, which I’ve heard is one of the scariest in the country.  Instead, we just went downtown on Halloween night to Frenchman Street.  Our streetcar actually hit a mini-cooper on the way downtown so we had to get out and walk the rest of the way, and the streetcar took forever to get us back to school.  It was fun to be with my friends and see all of the weird costumes and people out on Halloween, but if you’re going to be in New Orleans for Halloween, you should experience it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment