Monday, December 2, 2013

Another Poor Representation of New Orleans to Tourists...?

On my flight back home after Thanksgiving break, thanks to Southwest Airlines, I was able to take a cocktail tour of New Orleans from my seat 10,000 miles above the sky. I stick my hand into the back-seat pocket to pull out the monthly airline magazine, excited to see what it could be and low and behold it's all about our beautiful city. Seeing the first words "New Orleans" and then "cocktail" made me super concerned about what the magazine would actually have in it.
              The front cover of the addition was set up very nicely and looked clean and sharp.


Surprisingly, the article was actually a great depiction of the different types of bars there are in New Orleans. Not once did the article mention somewhere like 'the Boot' or 'the Palms' or even Pat O'Brien's. All of the bars were in different areas including the Bywater, Frenchmen, and the Quarter encouraging tourists to visit places they may not have originally thought of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment