Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Studying at Home


 

On November 14 at 2:00 pm, I was officially tired of spending every second of my life on campus. Sadly, I still had to do work. Thus, I decided to try the Milton. H Latter Memorial Library on St. Charles Avenue.

When I first walked inside the library/house, I found myself facing what it seemed to be a tea room on my right, a giant desk in the middle of the lobby, and a dining room with a chimney on my left. Everything looked very luxurious until I walked into a little room with two austere desks and a large window with plants placed in the bottom.  I studied there for a few hours while seeing women with children, a couple of old men, and teenagers with Jesuit sweaters scrutinizing the book shelves. It was very different from any library I had ever visited since it had that feeling of coziness from a home, yet it was filled with books, computers and quietness to study or read. I think locals probably often go there because it has that feeling of not only tranquility but warmness.
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this lovely description of Latter Library. I frequently went to Latter Library as I was growing up to borrow books and to read. It's a very special, homey, and quiet place!

    ReplyDelete