Thursday, November 28, 2013

Po-boy Festival


Last Sunday, I went to the Po-boy festival on Oak St.  The streets were replete with people; many of them were students, others were clearly tourists and I speculate some of them were locals. Besides po-boys there were art venders, brass bands, and a little boy playing the drums. I had two shrimp po-boys, one from the Boucherie and the other one from Parkway; they were good, but I still prefer Stanley’s.  I found interesting why people went to that festival. On Sunday, the po-boys were not necessarily cheap giving their size, and people had to make lines in the cold to get a po-boy. Why didn’t they just go to a restaurant? I imagined that people might want to interact with other people in the city, and festivals probably provide the perfect environment for that.
 
In general,  the po boy festival was very fun, and while I walking on Oak St., I discovered Zotz, which is a weird a cute coffee shop that I definitely plan to explore and blog about in the near future.
 
 Photos taken by Glen Abbott  http://instagram.com/travelingringo
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. People really like to come out for a festival! The po-boys at the Po-Boy Festival are full size, so even though many kinds of po-boys are available, it's hard to eat more than one. Congratulations on eating two!

    ReplyDelete